Friday, June 5, 2009

Solicitation titillation.


BATMAN AND ROBIN #1

Eh. . .I dunno guys. . .

Written by Grant Morrison: Art and Cover by Frank Quitely.

Hm, not bad, I liked both of 'em on All-Star Superman, but a Batman book? I'm not sure about that. I like the characters of course(not being an idiot), but what's the draw for a guy like me?

"Batman Reborn" begins here! With the reunited team of Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely (ALL-STAR SUPERMAN, WE3,New X-Men), this first issue kicks off a 3-part story arc that can't be missed!

They did WE3 too? I've heard that book is really good, if occasionally heart-rending. Go on.

The new Dynamic Duo hit the streets with a bang in their new flying Batmobile as they face off against an assemblage of villains called the Circus of Strange.

I'm sorry, what was that?

The new Dynamic Duo hit the streets with a bang in their new flying Batmobile as they face off against an assemblage of villains called the Circus of Strange.

Flying batmobile?

. . .their new flying Batmobile. . .

Great googly moogly.

They also tackle their first mission investigating a child who's been abducted by the mysterious Domino Killer.

Yeah, that's really great but the batmobile actually flies right? This isn't some cop-out like it has a jet engine in the back or something. . .'cause I saw that in the '60s show and the '89 movie. . .

But will everything go smoothly?

Sir, in a flying batmobile everything goes amazingly.

And who exactly are the new Batman and Robin?

Well it's so obvious: Christian Bale and Anton Yelchin. I hardly need to get Hercule Poirot on speed-dial for that 'mystery'. Sheesh, these guys. . .

The newest era of The Dark Knight begins here!

Flying batmobile. Well played Morrison, well played indeed. You know my weaknesses only too well. Consider my money spent.

Stac

2 comments:

Garrett said...

I love you man but seriously.... that's the ONLY reason you're checking this out? I mean c'mon, as much as I hate what Morrison has done with the Batman franchise, I had to check it out to see the full scope of his "vision" (I quote the word vision simply because it tends to imply a plan and not an "ooh a bunny!" sort of mentality.

StacyHD said...

Well, that and seeing Dick Grayson as Batman. I just thought I'd latch onto the one thing that could really clinch getting my butt through the door, given my inexperience with Batman post. . .damn, when was the last time I read a Batman book that wasn't a one-shot or an Elseworlds? Knightfall? KnightQuest? Anyway, I was being facetious more than anything else. You should know by now to take what I say with a grain of salt. ~.^

Stac