Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kickin' it old school.

I'm still in recovery from the phantasmagoria of pure effluence that was The Spirit, so bear with me whilst my wearied synapses recover. Add to that the upcoming insanity that is the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo and you can understand why things are getting a little quiet.

Still, there are some things to celebrate here at TCD. For one, we're fast approaching the 50th post on this blog, which is nothing if not remarkable. When I kicked this project off I was reasonably sure it'd end up on the same Island of Misfit Toys where reside most of the projects I embark upon. That we've managed to make it to fifty consecutive rambles on pop culture and comics is pretty remarkable to me and I've been thinking about doing something special. To that end, I've decided to revive an old favorite, the hero tune-up. I've been mulling over just who to pick in terms of a character in dire need of some serious overhaul. While I usually go for second-stringers, a recent read of a Peter David trade paperback convinced me that I had to go for one of the Original Seven:

Yeah, that's right, I'm bad.

Stac

No comments: